The requirement to be a provider of Acuscope and Myopulse treatments is a question of whether it is in within the scope of practice of your healthcare practitioner license to apply an electrical modality.

For example, if you are an MD (Medical Doctor), an RN (Registered Nurse), an RPT (Registered Physical Therapist), a DC (Doctor of Chiropractic), an LAc (Licensed Acupunturist) and in some states, an LMT (Licensed Massage Therapist), your license qualifies you to become an Acuscope Myopulse operator.

If you do not have a license, you might be a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) working under a nurse; or a PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant), working in a Physical Therapy Practice.  In a chiropractor’s office, you can become a trained employee who gives treatments to the patients in the clinic under the doctor’s supervision.

No one without a license or working under the license of a qualified healthcare practitioner is allowed to provide Acuscope and Myopulse treatments to others.

However, if you require treatment yourself and have the equipment in your own home, family members may assist in your treatment. A Doctor’s Prescription for “Microcurrent TENS and EMS” is required for purchase of a system.

In Professional Sports, it is often the Trainer who provides treatment for the players.